Before the How-to section let’s discuss why you should learn PPC and acquire PPC Certification.
- The first three paid ad spots get nearly 46% of the clicks on the page.
- Around 52% of visitors who click on PPC advertisements call the advertiser anyway.
- It is Google that drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks over smartphones.
- PPC doesn’t get affected by changes made to the algorithm.
- More than half of the web users don’t know the difference between organic and paid search results.
- PPC is not expensive.
What do you conclude? PPC or Pay Per Click is a Social media marketing strategy that is adopted by every company regardless of its type, size, or geographic location. PPC Specialists are in demand everywhere. Since digital marketing is on the rise and is definitely going to grow in the coming years.
Businesses require PPC Specialists who can seamlessly develop and manage their online advertising campaigns to increase their sales and eventually their profits and revenues. Let’s now discuss what is PPC and what all you need to dip your toes into the pool of this ever-growing domain.
What is PPC?
Wikipedia defines PPC as, ‘an internet advertising model used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked. Pay-per-click is commonly associated with first-tier search engines.’
So, it is an online advertising campaign that charges you a predefined fee for every time your ad is clicked by users. That’s why it is named so.
PPC works faster than organic visits because it allows you to purchase visits to your website. This model, which allows for paid advertising, is a quick way of building brand awareness, increasing conversions, generating leads, and making it an appealing option for businesses. This is because it is possible that you pay USD 2 for an ad and it turns into a USD 100 purchase, then it becomes a great deal.
Usually, the charges for PPC are nominal and cause no loss but result in great deals eventually increasing revenues.
Skills Required to Become a PPC Specialist
- Knowledge of Statistics
You have to be capable of interpreting the data that goes with paid advertising. Every ad executed by you possesses its own set of clicks, impressions, CTRs (click-through rates), conversions, etc.
So as a PPC Specialist, you have to be able to apply the knowledge that actually works.
- Acquaintance with AdWords
The most popular paid advertising platform is, no doubt, Google Adwords. You need to be proficient in working with Google Adwords to become a successful PPC Specialist.
To attain proficiency in this platform, you should know how to choose the best keywords, the ways of placing bids, and the ways of setting and managing campaigns and ad groups.
- Ad Copywriting Finesse
Your main aim as a PPC Specialist is to get people to click on your ads. So you have to be proficient in writing calls-to-action and you need to tweak them in case they don’t work. You have to develop skills in ad copywriting so that you can work with keywords, connect to your audience, and make sure that your ad aligns with the landing page.
- Know-how of ECommerce
Practically, eCommerce and online advertising are made for each other. It is crucial that you understand the ways of optimizing PPC efforts for retail. You have to know which platforms are best fits such as Amazon Advertising or Google Merchant Center, and the ways of applying tracking of your ads, etc.
- Design Ability
Regardless of the platform you use( Facebook, Instagram, AdWords) your ads will need visual assets. So, it is critical to understand the design requirements for each platform as well as the tools required to create the best graphics. It is possible that you may not have a graphic designer when you need to, so you have to be proficient in creating impressive designs.
Apart from the skills mentioned above, you also need to be a master in landing pages. After all, it’s a click that really matters. Also, you have to understand the behavior of customers so that you can optimize your PPC efforts.
Programs that make you Master PPC
There are many training providers out there in the market that provide best-in-class training to make you a successful PPC Specialist. Some of them are:
- Advanced PPC Certification Training by Simplilearn
- PPC Certification Course by KnowledgeHut
- Learn PPC with WordStream by WordStream
- Ultimate GoogleAds Training by Udemy
Advanced PPC Certification Training by Simplilearn
This Advanced PPC Training Course can make you an industry-ready PPC marketing professional. This training course covers topics including conversion optimization, display advertising, and web analytics. Also, it makes you acquire the knowledge of bidding methods, performance measurement, ranking algorithms, lead generation improvement, ad platforms, and search engine marketing for ad campaigns that are capable of driving measurable ROI.
By taking up this course you will get to know how to set and control budgets and learn automation and shooting campaigns.
The key features of this course are:
- 126 live demos of Google Analytics, Google Ads, and YouTube Advertising Tools
- You will come across five industry-specific projects
- You will get to work with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and learn conversion tracking
- You will understand display marketing, content marketing, and remarketing
- The course is aligned with Google Ads and Bing Ads Certification exams
- It provides training through an enterprise-class learning management system and you can have round-the-clock teaching assistance
- There are doubt sessions carried out by professionals who are usually industry experts
- You can watch sample videos before enrolling yourself in the course
- You will receive a 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t get satisfied with the course, and that too within seven days
Become a PPC Specialist today by getting certification added to your resume. Enroll yourself in a course that is specifically curated with a clear learning path to fast-track your career in Digital Marketing.